BRC (BASIC RIDER COURSE)
The BRC (BASIC RIDER COURSE) is now being offered in 2 locations, in Norman and Enid. See below for course locations.
Motorcycle and loaner helmets are provided.
- Two day course Saturday & Sunday classes start at 7:00 am sharp arrive at 6:45 am. . Weekday classes available as well
- Qualifies graduates for exemption from the riding portion of the State License Test and the written portion as well.
- Qualifies graduates for insurance premium discounts with most motorcycle insurers
The Basic Rider Course is aimed at beginning riders of ages 14 years and older. If under 18 PARENT must be present to sign. A minimum of five hours classroom instruction and ten hours of practical riding experience on a specially designed off-street range prepares the student for riding on the streets.
Motorcycles and helmets are included in your course fee. In this course, you learn the basics of motorcycle operation, with a lot of emphasis on the special skills and mental attitude necessary for dealing with traffic. Your RiderCoach will start you off with straight-line riding, turning, shifting and stopping. You’ll gradually progress to cornering, swerving and emergency braking.
In the classroom you’ll learn about the different types of motorcycles, their controls, and how they operate. The RiderCoaches, all experienced motorcyclists, will advise you on what to wear for comfort and protection. You’ll find out how alcohol and other drugs affect your ability to ride safely.
A very important segment of the course will show you how to create your own strategy for riding in traffic, and dealing with critical situations. The course concludes with a knowledge test and skill evaluation. You’ll smile with satisfaction as the RiderCoach hands you the course completion card and certificate.
Don’t forget to bring with you:
- Eye protection sunglasses or goggles.
- Sturdy over the ankle footwear.
- Long Pants
- Long sleeve shirt and jacket
- Gloves that cover the fingers and hands
Classes begin at 7:00 a.m. promptly. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early. Students will be notified by phone Thursday prior to the class Saturday.